Goodbye SOC Welcome CEI






Finally it was time to go. Actually, not only UNS but there are several Universities in Indonesia that also join in the SEA-Teacher project. Those are UPI, UNY, UNM, UPY, UII, UNLAM, UNSYIAH and UHAMKA. The number of the participants from Indonesia to Chiang Rai is ten, while Philippine sends two participants. I went with my friends from UNS.
I woke up early in the morning because I took morning flight from solo at 06.10 by Lion Air. I got my luggage prepared and ride a taxi with my mother and little sister. After arriving at Adi Sumarmo Airport Solo (SOC), I pass the security gate and check-in in the counter. That was my first flight of my life. I was worried because that day is windy and cloudy. 

Because it was my first time so I don’t really know about weighing the baggage. I put both of baggage and backpack on the scale (The backpack must be in the cabin). I am panicked because I had been warned not to put something important in the baggage. I tried to make a deal with the officer but it cannot be afforded. I just asked to take the important thing from my backpack such as laptop, money and some documents. The small accident gives me a lot of lessons. After all was done, I enter the plane and sit comfortably. I was really nervous when the plane was taking-off. I hold my friends tightly and lose it after the plane go up perfectly.
 
It was cloudy
 
1 hour had passed and I arrived at Soekarno-Hatta Airport Jakarta (CGK) safely. I took my baggage and then move to the other terminal by shuttle bus. It took our time because CGK is really wide. We check-in again in the counter with Don Mueng Airport Bangkok (DMK) as the destination. We passed the immigration counter and got security checking. In the waiting room I met my friends from other University. They are Ghea from UPI and Abida from UNY. Then we all were entering the plane at 10.30 a.m. I was not nervous anymore although there was some turbulence hehehe. We found that the steward was so handsome and got crushed with him kekeke. 


The Steward
 
I arrived at DMK at 2.20 p.m. It spent 4 hours to fly from CGK to DMK. Then we go to the immigration counter and do the same thing like what the other do in the airport. I met my friend from other university, Fara from UII and Arifah from UPY.  I have 5 hours in waiting the next flight at 8 p.m. We go together because we were in the same flight for the next destination. The next destination is Chiang Rai Airport (CEI).. I bought chicken kebab and a cup of coffee to get my energy back. I just realized that those are so expensive -_-. I spent 195 baht for those.

 Kebab and Coffee at DMK
 
We checked-in in the counter after eating and then go around the airport to buy mineral water. At 6.30 we go to the waiting room. Unfortunately, our flight got delayed until 9 p.m.. We were so bored and tired for waiting, but finally the plane arrived. We were arrived at CEI at 10.30 p.m. and picked by Mr. Teerawat (Our Host) by van.

 Arrived at CEI and picked up by Mr.Teerawat (I'm in the middle)

Three of us go to the hotel directly. The other friends have slept and also my ought-to-be-roommate, Widya. Karen, the participant from Philippine, offered me to sleep with her because she could not sleep by the child picture in the room. I agreed and we had small talk before taking bath and sleeping. I felt at ease when I could sleep soundly. It closed the long and tiring day. 


 "The greatest reward and luxury of travel is to be able to experience everyday things as if for the first time" 
- Bill Bryson

Comments

Popular Posts