Keep on Dreaming








I have a dream that  I should go abroad at least to one of the South East Asia-country on my 20th. I always search information about abroad scholarship and that day finally comes. I got a chance to go to Thailand to do student exchange among teacher training and education faculty’s student in ASEAN. The name of the program is SEAMEO (South East Asia Ministry of Education Organization) SEA-Teacher project. I am the third batch of the program. There are three countries that join this program: Thailand, Indonesia and Philippine. 

I was really happy back then when my name being announced. There are 12 participants of Sebelas Maret University (UNS) at first but then there was selection from SEAMEO so only 9 of us join the program in 3rd batch. The rest of us go in the 4th batch later on July-August 2017. The placement of the country is different among nine of us. Eight placed in Thailand and one placed in Philippine. In Thailand we are also separated in 7 provinces. I was placed in the Chiang Rai province and do internship in Chiang Rai Municipality 6 School. Nine of us come from various departments. Those are Mathematics education department, Chemistry education department, Biology education department, Physic education department, Preschool education department and English education department. There are 3 participants from English education department including me. We are all in 5th semester. We started to make a passport, buy flight ticket and prepare some needed documents. Nine of us were trained in special micro-teaching class that is conducted in one month due to the micro-teaching subject that is not being taught in 5th semester.

We were counting down until our departure on 15th January. Before we were departing, our faculty conducted a farewell ceremony for us on 13th January 2017. There are president of my faculty, the vice president of my faculty, the head of each department and some staffs of my faculty. Our parents are invited in the ceremony. Some journalists are also invited to report the ceremony. This is the link of the news "Farewell Ceremony". I was feeling honored to be part of the ceremony.

Farewell Ceremony by Teacher Training and Education Faculty 
of Sebelas Maret University


Start from today I always keep on dreaming, believe it and make efforts to achieve it.

 
 

Comments

Popular Posts