Morning in Chiang Rai


January 16th 2017, this was my first day woke up in Chiang Rai. I woke up early because Mr. Teerawat and Ms. Nok (My second Host) wanted us to go to the Chiang Rai Rajabhat University (CRRU) at 8 a.m. After having a breakfast, twelve of us were picked by Ms. Nok by using an open car. It should be 13 participants who was placed in Chiang Rai, but Elishah from Philiphine had a trouble with visa so she would come on 25th January. Before we going, we took a photo in front of the Cabbages & Condoms Inn.

 Chiang Rai Ranger

That day agenda were introducing CRRU, meeting with the President of CRRU and having some trips in Chiang Rai. First, we were having tour in CRRU by riding an open mini bus. The air breeze is really refreshing, although it's a bit cold for me (since my country is warmer). CRRU is really wide, there are a large garden to do a research. The sport facility is also complete, start from tennis court, swimming pool, boxing arena, volley court, basketball field and there are still so many sport buildings in CRRU. I was amazed to see CRRU.

 Campus Tour


After going around the campus, we stopped at a President office of CRRU. We were warmly welcomed by the President, Dr. Kitisan and the President Assistant, Mr. Nattaphon. Mr.Tee and Ms.Nok also involved in the welcoming party. They hoped we will enjoy our time in Chiang Rai. In the end of the welcoming party, we were given a name card to be used during the program by Dr. Kitisan

Tweleve Participants from Indonesia and Philippine with the President of CRRU

We moved to the International Affair office. We were showed a video about CRRU and explained about the location of each dormitory that we would live in Chiang Rai. I live with Arifah from UPY in the Warangkan woman's dormitory. My dormitory and Arifah is near the Chiang Rai Municipality School 6, the our cooperation school for internship. Then, we all were given Thai name by Ms.Nok and Mr. Teerawat. I have Thai name "Anda" . Teacher in Thai is called "Kru" so my name became "Kru Anda"

International Affair of Chiang Rai Rajabhat University
(The man in the Middle is our Host, Mr.Teerawat)




"Anda" is my Thai name
We directly went to halal restaurant "Salami" to have a lunch. Halal food is food for Moslem, because in our believe we cannot eat pork. I ate chicken curry and Khanom jeen nam ya kati (Coconut milk curry with rice noodle). It's delicious but i was not really adjusted with the sour taste then. I also picked ice cream because it is a bit different with my country. We were treated by Mr.Tee and Ms.Nok ^^

Thailand culinary :
Khanom jeen nam ya kati 
 (Coconut milk curry with rice noodle)

It was 12.30 so it's time for Moslem to pray. We were delivered to the Mosque near the restaurant. I think the area is a Moslem village. 

 Nurul Isalam Pakisathan Chiang Rai Mosque

Next activities were visiting Central Plaza and Wat Rong Khun (White Temple). Our phone number was not longer exist in Thailand so we went to Cenral  Plaza to buy new phone number. We should pay 100 baht to buy True Move card. Then I go to the STARBUCKS to get a cup of coffee. I just want to compare the price with my country.  I bought caramel macchiato and it is more expensive than in my country. After we had done with phone number, we went to White temple. It's really great temple, all is white. Because we went there at 3 p.m so it was so hot. We paid 50 bath to enter the temple. In the middle of the temple there is a big Buddhist statue for praying. Since I am not Buddhist i just passed it.
 Wat Rong Khun (White Temple)

It was quite tiring to go around the temple. It made our stomach was craving for meals. Mr.Tee and Ms.Nok brought us to the Moslem food restaurant but this time was not the same with the previous restaurant. There were a lot of menu served in our table such as tomyam, dumplings, fried duck, beef and seafood. Actually it was a dinner party because Mr. Nattaphon was also invited. 

It's dumplings


After we were full, we pray Maghrib and then went back to the hotel and prepare our energy for the next agenda. It was just the beginning of my struggle. My first day in Chiang Rai really impress me who go abroad for the first time.

"Collect Moments not Things"



Comments

Popular Posts